Thursday, July 30, 2009

What would you be willing to give? (day 6)

What would you be willing to give up for another?
What would you be willing to give up for a friend? A stranger? A enemy?

Would you be willing to give up a favored item? Money? Would you be willing to dedicate part or all of your life to helping that person? How far would you go?

If the person lost their job, would you give them money?
If they lost their house, would you let them stay with you? would you give up some of your time to help them find a new place?
What if their life was at stake? Or worse yet, their Soul?

How far would you be willing to go to save a person?
Whether it be saving their life, or saving their soul. What would you be willing to give up?
Would you be willing to dedicate your life to it? Would you choose to do anything?
Would you be willing to let God decide what you would give?

There have been times with me, especially recently, where I have found me asking myself that very question. I had realized how much I trully was willing to let God decide. I found myself on my knees praying to the Lord, that I would be willing to do anything to help this person. The cost wound up being the loss of some of my things. But, I was more than happy to 'pay' it. I would have even been willing to go farther!

"I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls...."(2 Corinthians 12:15) Paul was more than willing to do anything if it meant winning their souls to Christ. He said quite often how he basically; was good at being a doormat for others, and that he 'enjoyed' it too. He was willing to dedicate his entire life to helping others. He was willing to let God decide what he would give.

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friend."(John 15:13) Jesus didnt tell us here that we needed to die for our friends; though I'm not saying he wont ever tell you that. Much easier than dying, is laying out you life; willing to be treated as a doormat, for the sake of another.

What would you be willing to do?
What would you be willing to give?
Would you do anything?
Would you let God decide?

3 comments:

  1. I'm commenting!! didnt you wanna talk to me? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the long absence, i have been going through many trials. if you see this, how are you?

      Delete